Wednesday, September 3, 2008

OUCH!

I took Rachel out to the mall today to get some pretty NEW earrings because she has been asking for quite some time to get some. The experience ended up being somewhat traumatizing. Rachel began to scream when the lady was cleaning her ears with alcohol...ummmm, okay...he he. Then, when the lady put little blue dots on her ears with marker you would have thought that the world had come to an end. (Have I ever mentioned that Rachel does not deal with pain very well and is somewhat a DRAMA queen?) Well, then it was time for the actual ear piercing...Rachel was screaming at the TOP of her lungs while I had to pin her head against my chest with one arm and hold her arms down with the other....TWICE! (two ears...two sides, you get the point) At this point I am sure that Rachel thought I was the wicked witch of the world and I kind of got the vibe that the lady that pierced them thought the same thing...(why in the world would this Mother be putting her kid through such a traumatizing thing?) After we were all done and all the tears were dried up I took Rachel for a CHOCOLATE frozen yogurt...who would have known that Chocolate would fix the problem? Maybe it really CAN be the answer for everything?

Anyways, here we are a few hours later AND Rachel is so happy and proud of her SHINY new earrings...whew! Glad she decided to forgive me!

1 comment:

Her Royal Highness said...

Yeah, if I were walking by & saw that, I would've thought you were psycho-mom too! I'm glad she forgave you, too. Because if she didn't - OOOOh, you'd be feeliong oh so bad right now!
Chocolate has a way with fixing some things, huh? Glad this was one of them!