Lately I haven't felt like myself...I am so tired all of the time, moody beyond belief (just ask Clint! LOL), anxious, stressed, etc. and to top it all off I have been gaining weight like CRAZY! My clothes are still fitting the same, but the scale number just keeps climbing. In response to seeing this happen, I have been stressing on every little bite I eat and have added extra exercise during the week...in fact, last week I attended 7 classes and STILL managed to gain 3 lbs...what gives????
So today I felt the need to get to the bottom of this...I needed an answer! Not only to improve my outlook, but to also save my sanity! I was browsing the internet today looking for ANYTHING that might fit my symptoms and I found an AWESOME article that just fit! Here is what it says that I *believe* I am suffering with and all of the symptoms that I am most definitely going through!
Symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder
According to the Mental Health Foundation, one person in 100 suffers from Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD, a form of depression that tends to occur from September to April.
Symptoms include low energy levels, extreme tiredness and sleepiness, a lack of concentration, apathy, irritability, anxiety, a loss of libido, mood changes and a weakened immune system so there’s a greater chance of catching colds and flu.
And it’s not good news for anyone who’s trying to lose weight, either. SAD typically causes carb cravings, so that we overeat and then weight gain.
According to the Mental Health Foundation, one person in 100 suffers from Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD, a form of depression that tends to occur from September to April.
Symptoms include low energy levels, extreme tiredness and sleepiness, a lack of concentration, apathy, irritability, anxiety, a loss of libido, mood changes and a weakened immune system so there’s a greater chance of catching colds and flu.
And it’s not good news for anyone who’s trying to lose weight, either. SAD typically causes carb cravings, so that we overeat and then weight gain.
I know that I am NOT overeating, but the rest just makes sense!!! So basically, I am just suffering from what we all call the *WINTER TIME BLUES*! The article had MANY great suggestions for activities and foods that I could be incorporating into my day to help...so we will see if I can come out of this real soon!
I am SO ready for some Sunshine and longer Sun light during the day!
1 comment:
I'm right there with ya! Can't stop gainin the weight... I'm doing a 5 day fasting cleanse right now, hoping it will do somehthing, IT SUCKS!!! I don't like any of you that can eat what you want and not gain weight! I'm sorry, but I don't.
Post a Comment