As *swimsuit* season approaches I have found myself in a PANIC! I am not exactly where I want to be weight or size wise and have felt the need to step things up a bit...okay, maybe A LOT! I am eating all day long...but staying within my alloted calories, carbs, fat, protein...yadda yadda yadda (yes, I actually track all of them..faithfully!). I have been exercising AT LEAST 7 hours a week now...I know, sick and probably oh SO wrong. I stay up late at night to visit with Clint and get up with the chickens to go to the gym...usually only getting about 5 hours of sleep each night...ummmm, can you say durgh!
Last night was kind of my *aha!* moment. Yesterday I attended a super INTENSE muscle class in the morning and then went back at night for a Zumba Class. I came home and found myself with ice packs on my shoulders and arms, then soaking in a HOT bath and then once my body was warm (from the bath) I took the electric massager and ran it over my shoulders, back, arms and legs for about an hour. Clint looked at me and said "Ummmm, do you think you are over-doing it???"
I must say that I have lost a little bit of my glow and am a bit irritable at times. I am sure it is from my body being weak and ULTIMATELY from the lack of rest AND sleep! My body isn't even reacting to the all the extras that I have been doing just to lose the weight...instead it has decided to head in the other direction by adding numbers on the scale...how frustrating!
I have a new plan and I can't take all the credit for it because this was actually Clint's plan and ALL that he will allow...because he seems to be a little concerned about me. For the next month, I am only allowed to go to THREE classes per week...ohhhh, it is going to be SO hard to choose! But I do think this is probably what the doctor would order also, right? I have injured my right arm somehow and it is pretty painful to lift weights right now...so, for my arm's sake, I guess this is probably a GOOD plan.
I cannot wait for the day til I get all this healthy living figured out...or at least firgure out how my body works...because seriously, that is SUCH a mystery!
1 comment:
AMEN!!! The things that some of us do to try just to lose a pound, sometimes you wonder how much of it is psychological, physical, food intake, it's all too much! Why does it have to be so hard for some of us when it is so easy for others? Then again, those of us that are going through pain to get fit are probably way more healthy than those who are naturally skinny and do nothing. Maybe it's our body's way of getting us to work it out and get healthy!?!
Post a Comment