If any of you EVER see this little girl out wandering the streets, WITHOUT her Mom or Dad...then PLEASE return her to her home!!!! Although in this picture she looks deceivingly cute, she does have flaws....she is ADDICTED to Chocolate, she leaves a trail behind her everywhere she goes....which can include ANYTHING from Q-tips, Barbies or match box cars, she has a scream that can be raised to the level to where only dogs can hear her, and from time to time she will sneak in a little pinch or two! Ha Ha...now on a serious note, Rachel scared the CRAP out of me yesterday, TWICE!!! The first time happened at the Baseball Fields while waiting for Brock to begin his Little League Game. Kory was pushing Rachel around in the stroller for a good time and wanted to walk down this little path. I told him that I didn't mind, but to stay close! Well, he proceeded to walk farther, farther and even farther...and by the time I was trying to call for him to come back, he couldn't hear my voice. Just then Brock came over to me with his new BB shirt that he had just received and needed help getting it on (so that noone could see...because you know, that would just be SO embarrasing! he he). When I was finished helping Brock, I turned back around and couldn't see Kory and Rachel anymore, so I picked up ALL of my loads of stuff (shirts, blankets, treats, drinks) and went walking down the path to find them. Well...I found Kory, but there was NO Rachel! I asked him where she was and he just shrugged his shoulders!!!! Serious??!! I asked him where he left her and I got the SAME answer (shoulder shrug). So then I began walking FAST and calling her name. A few other ladies heard my desperate voice and began helping me look. We checked the ENTIRE field, the parking lot, around the bathroom and the pavilion. THEN...Rachel came walking out of the Bathroom with a little friend. She said "Hi Mom, you're back!!!!" UGH...I was so MAD, but relieved that she was okay. Kory and Rachel both got in trouble and weren't allowed to leave my side for the ENTIRE game!!!!
Well then...we were on our way home from the game and Clint had stopped to help his dad move some things around in his yard and so we decided to stop for a minute. We didn't get out because Clint had left for a minute with his Dad, so we just went home. At home...I got out of the car, unlatched Rachel out of her carseat and preceded to unload the car of all the blankets, BB stuff and garbage. When I returned outside to get Rachel to come into the house...she was NO WHERE to be found! Here AGAIN (for the second time in ONE day) I began running around like a crazy lady calling for Rachel. I ran around the house, up and down the street...THEN, my neighbor came driving up the street and honked his horn at me. He told me that his wife had seen Rachel about to cross Center street (very BUSY street) and they had stopped the car so that she could walk her home. When I met up with them (Rachel and the neighbor lady), Rachel was fuming. She said that she wanted to go to Grandma's house and see DADDY! I am SO glad that she didn't cross that street and that my neighbors drove by at that very moment! Someone was DEFINITELY watching over us yesterday...that's for sure!
Now, I know that if my Mother is reading this...then she is probably laughing out loud because approximately 25 years ago it was her time to go searching for a little girl that liked to come up missing. Seriously though, if I KNEW that some of the things that I used to do as a child would come back to HAUNT me...I probably would have made A LOT of different choices!!!!!
1 comment:
OH my heck that is so scary but way funny! That little girl needs a leash!
Post a Comment