Monday, May 11, 2009

Boating...and Mother's Day!

Let's begin with Saturday. After the boys Soccer games (previous post) and Brock's BB Practice we lounged around for a bit and then later that afternoon, we went boating! This was our second time out on our new boat this year and I must say...I am LOVING it! The weather was a little colder than we had hoped for and the water was ROUGH, but we still made the most of it! Here are a FEW photos of our trip down at the lake:
Here is a picture of Richard's (my FIL) boat:
That evening, after boating....Clint loaded up the boys and went shopping for Mother's Day Presents, HOW SWEET! The boys were so cute when they returned home, I could tell that it was just KILLING them not to tell me what they had bought!
Now for Mother's Day! What a WONDERFUL day that was! Clint always makes a special effort to make sure that my day is great! The day began with Clint and the kids working hard to clean the house before I came down the stairs. They dusted, picked up toys, cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the ENTIRE main floor. After they were finished with the cleaning, they made cinnamon rolls! After breakfast, they all sneaked into the other room to wrap presents...THEN, they couldn't wait ANY longer and wanted me to open them! They bought me two new outfits and a pair of sandals. EVERYTHING they bought was EXACTLY my taste and EXACTLY the right size...they did GOOD!!!! After opening presents, we got ready and went to Church. After Church, we went to my parents home and visited for a while, then we went to Clint's parents for dinner and some games.
I am so grateful for the gift of Motherhood and for my Mother and all that she does for me...I am also grateful that there is a scheduled day, at least once a year where my kids can have the opportunity to express to me there love and appreciation...and that my efforts do not go unnoticed! I am so grateful for a WONDERFUL and LOVING Husband and Children...thanks for making my day so special!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful day!