Monday, December 8, 2008

So So Proud...

At the beginning of the school year Kory was somewhat struggling with his reading at school, to the point that he felt a little insecure about going to school, doing his school work and even his homework. Then came the wonderful blessing...his school provided a reading tutor for him! Now...since only FIVE 1st graders are chosen for this opportunity to spend time with this wonderful tutor, you can see how lucky Kory was to be accepted! In the beginning he was at a zero reading level...which I think is a beginner kindergarten level and NOW Kory is at about a 7 reading level....YAY KORY! His tutor says that Kory is what they call the "golden child" there because she has never seen a 1st grader progress so quickly. I am so proud of how far he has come and what he has accomplished. His attitude towards school and ESPECIALLY reading has done a complete 180....I am so very proud of him!

Yesterday, Kory was called to give the Talk in Primary. He gave a talk about celebrating Christ...His birth, His resurrection and the coming celebration, the second coming. He did such a wonderful job on his talk...and although he still needed me by his side for support, I really only had to help him with probably 10 words....words like Bethlehem, resurrection, honor, etc. It was so cute to see how loudly he spoke into the microphone and the confidence that beamed from his little face....you could really see how proud he was to share his ability of reading with everyone. I think the added bonus was having his Daddy there in the audience to experience his wonderful talk too....WAY TO GO KORY, we love you and sure are blessed to have you in our family!

1 comment:

Her Royal Highness said...

And you have reason to be so SO proud! Way to go Kory! What a HUGE accomplishment!