Thursday, December 18, 2008

Are we there YET?

CHRISTMAS...that is. This is always my favorite time of the year...not only because of all the beautiful decorations or even the snow (oh wait, did we have any of that this year? *wink*), but because I get to see all my family and friends even more than usual! In December, we celebrate five birthdays, our wedding anniversary, the work Christmas Party, the Ward Christmas Party (which we actually missed this year because I couldn't get Clint out of bed at 8:30 AM!!), Christmas & New Years....whew, December is ALWAYS over before I know it! We have had such a great month so far, money has been a bit tighter so we have made A LOT of gifts....who knew it would make the season that much better? So far....I have made a Scrapbook Calendar for my Mom, a frame w/lettering for my niece (Halle), Glass Ornaments w/scrapbook paper inside and lettering on the outside for all my ladies that I visit teach and our wonderful neighbors, glass blocks for some friends and a candy Jar w/lettering on the outside for the work party....WOW, it is a GOOD think that I have a vinyl lettering machine!

I have stayed pretty busy this month with work, so I guess in a way that has just added to all the excitement....at least it helped to pick up the tab in a few places too! This week is a busy one too....on Tuesday I helped with Rachel's activity day at her Pre-School, we had the work party Tuesday night, then yesterday I helped a lady in my ward apply some vinyl lettering to some boards (7 to be exact), today is Rachel's Christmas program at her school, tomorrow is the boys Christmas Singing program at their school and Saturday is Vince's Birthday. AND in the middle of all of THAT....I don't have very much bought for Christmas, and I am seriously beginning to freak out a bit (I actually think that is why I have been WIDE awake since 2:30 AM and I am writing this at 3:30 AM). So...somewhere in the middle of everything, I need to go SHOPPING!

I am so grateful for this time of the year....we ALL have the opportunity to love and serve each other and to have our focus on our Savior. I think it VERY important that we remember to be mindful of those that have lost jobs, are out of work or are losing their homes and to help where we can or is needed. I think it is also VERY important that we don't forget to be thankful for what we do have and how blessed we are each and EVERY day! I am so grateful for our health, my family, our friends, our home.......and the list goes on, I hope you ALL are having a wonderful, spiritual and Happy Holiday Season!

No comments: