Saturday, November 22, 2008

Life is BUSY!

Yep...I CANNOT believe it has been 10 days since my last post! WOW! I must say that 10 days ago seems like it was yesterday...that is how busy life has been here!

In a matter of 10 days, I completed our Enrichment Craft Night, we got Family Pictures taken (thanks Kellie), Kory got detention for three days at school, Kory got suspended from school, I completed 150 saying for tiles that our Stake RS Presidency will be using in January...only 150 more sayings to go (300 total), Clint painted (2) VERY LARGE Man-Lifts for my dad, I completed signs for all of my dad's equipment, I put together (5) painted projects that I have been meaning to finish and of course, the usual...cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc.
Can you say WOW???
The sayings that I have been working on for the Stake are quite TIME CONSUMING, but I think they look GREAT and will really give an added touch to the meeting we have coming up. Here are the boys *helping* Mommy out with her very large project....

...and here is Clint painting my Dad's Man-Lifts...boy was that a big job, poor Clint came home each night with bloodshot eyes and a bit stoned. But, like always...Clint is always willing to help when someone is in need!



As for Kory....a bit of an update from last time (detention), I met with the Vice Principal & Kory's teacher, I guess he had been in a bit of a *tiff* with another kid in his class and so they both received detention for three days as a consequence. Kory now is on a system where if he has a good day he gets a smiley face, if it is a bad day...he gets a frowny face, then after 5 smiley faces...he gets a PRIZE! As for the suspension...the other day he had some girls chasing him at recess and he told them that if they didn't stop that he was going to do something to them....I won't really go into details, but it was a form of a threat. He was suspended that day which made me really upset and dissapointed, but after talking to the school psychologist I found that it is pretty age-appropriate for kids his age to say things like he did. So anyhow, we are still working on getting Kory's behavior under control at school. The psychologist will be observing Kory's class in the coming weeks to see what is triggering his anger at school because here we just don't see this kind of behavior. I will continue to hug and love Kory whenever he is around and just pray that things will get better for him....my sweet Kory!

Anyhow, there is your update to our crazy & busy lives! I can't wait for THANKSGIVING, oh and DEFINITELY *Black Friday*!!!!! S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kellie-n-Sterling said...

I know how you feel!

Her Royal Highness said...

So - um - You've taken my supermom cape and donned it. Congratulations!
bummer about Kory - I hope that the psychologist can help pinpoint his trigger.
I want to know what the saying is for your stake RS.
And post those family pics when you get them! We took ours today! YAY!