
Today all of the kids at Rocky Mountain Elementary were encouraged to walk to school to practice their safety skills. The kids were asked to wear yellow shirts and walk as groups...kind of like a walking school bus. Since Kory usually rides the bus with Brock, this was all-new for him. Although it was ABSOLUTELY FREEZING, it sure was a great experience...Kory kept saying his legs were tired at one moment and then he would want to race me at another, then he wanted to see who could jump the farthest. (I really had to hold back considering my legs are as long as he is tall) We talked about Star Wars, Aliens, Halloween Costumes coming to life....etc, you know, the normal six year old boy conversation. It was really great to have some one-on-one time with my Sweet Kory.

Note: The reason why Brock did not walk with us is because his class is on a different schedule because he is in the State Program.
2 comments:
really? national walk to school day? I didn't hear about that. Bummer, I would've walked with Optimus Prime to school - Mr. Fantastic's school is just too far for me to let him walk...
I guess it's a good thing we missed that one - the attitudes would've been atrocious!
K Jamie, I'm going to attempt to come to the 6 am class tomorrow morning, but don't kill me if I don't make it. Hopefully I can get my butt out of bed that early.
Post a Comment