Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Lord DOES provide!

I felt the need to express my gratitude for the many blessings that our family receives on a daily basis. I remember years ago feeling like things happened by chance or sometimes not even at all. I am so happy now that I am able to recognize true blessings as they come and look for the hidden blessings in my daily trials.
Today me and Clint were discussing our worries about the coming week and feeling like our budget was not going to allow us to feed our family for the coming weeks, then today Clint received a call from a friend, he ordered two roll cages, two Rhino seats & two sets of Seat Brackets. What a true blessing! I think the greatest part about it though is that Clint recognizes why things happen to us too...he made the comment, "I am so grateful that *someone* is watching out for us." I know that in the past me and Clint have somewhat lacked on our part of having Faith. But now we do KNOW that things WILL happen if we do our very best and strive to live the way that Heavenly Father would want us to...and if they don't happen, then it just wasn't meant to be. I made a glass block that sits in our kitchen that says the word "FAITH" right on it, just to remind us each and EVERY day...that it takes Faith to move forward. I think that having Faith also shows our Father in Heaven that we are willing to rely on him FIRST, before leaning on the world and worldly things...in return, we receive our MANY blessings because Heavenly Father is showing us his appreciation. Now, I know that me and Clint are NOT perfect by any means....but I do know that we TRY each and every day to be better.
I must add also, that even though it is EXTREMELY hard to lose loved ones....I KNOW that I have great comfort in knowing that they are still with us and do watch out for us daily. I find myself having many thoughts about Grandma Madolyn and Grandma Echo...so I am sure they are here watching over us more than we may think. I love these two women and miss them dearly! I am sure that without them, things would probably be different for us right now!

1 comment:

Her Royal Highness said...

Great post, Jamie! Thanks for the reminder that we really do have to rely on Him first... It's something I'm struggling with this week.