You know, it seems like holidays are NEVER just one day anymore...it seems like if we want to fit everything in, that it takes a few days! Starting with Thursday night, we were invited to our friends house down the street to enjoy the very LARGE package of fireworks that they had purchased from Cosco, which was followed by some WONDERFUL Frozen Ice Cream Cones...they were super yummy! The cone was coated on the inside with Chocolate, then had vanilla ice cream with a chocolate hard shell and nuts sprinkled on top...mmmmm, heavenly!
Friday was my dramatic day...for some reason my hormones and emotions were all out of wack and Clint was great to keep his distance, lol. Friday night was the Stadium of Fire....Miley Cyrus, Glenn Beck & The Blue Man Group. The way that everything was put together was breath taking, the spirit that filled the stadium was almost overwhelming. The night started out with honoring our soldiers that have been fighting for our freedom, which made my heart full and brought tears to my eyes. I am grateful for those Men and Women that have chosen to fight for our freedom and our country. My heart not only goes out to these people serving, but also to their families that are supporting them by taking care of their homes, finances and families while they are away. God Bless our Troops!
Saturday was my shopping day, yucko! I began by going to Cosco...for all the BULK stuff, then made my way to Walmart for all the left over smaller items. It is great to have the cupboards full, but I sure don't like the price tag that comes with all of it...sheesh! That night we got together with our neighbors, The Hills and lit off even MORE fireworks. It was a great time and I think all the kids truly enjoyed themselves.
Even though we had a fun-filled and exciting weekend...I must say that I am grateful that it has come to a close. Not only are holidays exhausting, but I am sure that I gained a few unwanted pounds from all the yummy treats that were being offered, yikes!
1 comment:
Wow, you were busy! Sounds like you had a GREAT time! I'm glad.
Ours was similarly busy, fireworks, parties, fattening foods. All good fun!
Post a Comment