Last night Brock had Scouts. He was so THRILLED when he found out they would be riding the "Haunted Train" at the Anderson Estate. While he was there, a man was telling a tale about becoming a Witch. He told the boys that if they took a "special" Acorn he gave them home with them and put it under their beds at night, that they would wake up the next day as a Witch...with magic and super powers like a Witch. Brock brought home this Acorn and told the story to Kory and Rachel...and asked which of them wanted it, because he just wasn't really interested. After a little fighting over who would get it, Rachel ended up with it. She was ECSTATIC! She couldn't quit talking about all the things she would do and the adventures she would have as a "Witch". As the night went on, her anxiety began to build over this new person she was going to become in the morning, that she literally SPOOKED herself out. When I was tucking her in...she hurried and gave the Acorn to Kory and said she no longer wanted it. She went and brushed her teeth, then it was time to get back in bed for prayer. She was still very concerned about that Acorn and wanted me to check under her bed just to make sure that Kory hadn't snuck it back into her room and placed it there. I looked...and nope, no Acorn.
A little over an hour after tucking Rachel into bed for sleep, she came scurrying into my room with all of her blankets. She didn't say anything, she just plopped down on the floor next to my bed and went to sleep. I guess she was still a little worried. She slept there all night.
Morning came and she was taking her bath. She looked at me with this silly little look and decided to confess. She said "Mom, last night when I came in your room I put the Acorn under YOUR bed" I seriously laughed and laughed thinking...that little twirp REALLY did believe in the magic of that Acorn and wanted to see ME as a witch. Why not? Test it on Mom first and see if it really happens.
Anyways...I just HAD to share! I thought it was too cute not to!
No comments:
Post a Comment