Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baby Time

The news is officially out....after what will be 7 years since the last baby arrived in our home, we will experience this sweet joy all over again. I must say there are so many things I have forgotten...and things that I remember now, but know why I blocked them out of my memory in the first place. I just wanted to recap a little of this little adventure so far.

Around the end of August we were in Lake Havasu City, AZ on vacation....we had gone out to eat with the family to a little local restaurant there named "Chili Charlie's". I ordered a French Dip Sandwich and remember how HUNGRY I was and couldn't wait for it to be served to me. Just then, the waitress placed the meal in front of me...then it hit me "what is that smell?" "what is that sandwich?" "Ew..that looks disgusting". I asked Clint if he could smell the foulness coming from my sandwich...in which he gave me this weird/confused look and said "What are you talking about?" I then pushed the plate across the table and made him cover it with SEVERAL napkins...for I couldn't even look at the gross thing. Sign #1.

Being 5 days "late" and taking a POSITIVE pregnancy test. Sign #2.

The first of September came...and yes, I was still in DENIAL. Then...the SICKNESS made its little way in...Sign #3. After 5 1/2 weeks of vomiting most days of the week and some days hardly being able to stand out of bed, I still thought it may be something else. I decided I needed more verification...I know, your thinking, really?

On Thursday, September 29th, I decided to make a doctor appointment...just to see what was REALLY wrong with me. I went in the following Monday, in which we had to go through "the list" of questions that seemed to go on and on and on. Then it was time for my exam. I was so scared...silly me, right? The doctor said "Let's see if we can find a heartbeat" He put the dopler on my tummy and IMMEDIATELY there it was...such a small but STRONG, fast and ever so LOUD heartbeat. Sign #4. The doctor looked at me and said "You ARE definitely pregnant! Congratulations!" He then ordered me to get dressed and wanted me to follow him over to have blood drawn...in which they drew SIX viles of blood from my arm! (DEFINETELY something I had forgotten) By the time we got to the 5th vile, I was starting to see stars and breathing very heavy. The nurse called for a wheelchair and took me to a bed. Yes Dad...your lovely passing out at the sight of blood trait has been passed down :). After being served a juice box from the nurse...I was feeling better and they allowed me to leave.

I know it seems silly that I would need FOUR signs to give me confirmation that I do in fact have a little baby growing inside of me....but, after so much time passing I guess I didn't know what to expect. I have made my announcements to the world and it does feel so much better and so much more real. Now I think there is better understanding by others why I may have missed some days from going to the gym, or why I have been so distant, or why my kids have been running the neighborhood parent-less because their poor Mother was stuck in bed...SICK SICK SICK.

I am now on my 11th week..and today marks my 2nd day of no throwing up so far. I really do hope things are looking up! I can't wait to feel good and to get my energy back so that I can be the BEST Mom to my three great kids for the holidays, while also getting ready for this new adventure we are all about to embark.

Just to backstep a little...we have told Brock and Kory the BIG news and as the days go by, I can tell they are getting more and more excited. When first telling them..they both rolled their eyes and said "No way" "Nu uh" "Your joking". It really was cute. They have been so great, helping with Rachel when I couldn't get out of bed, asking little questions here and there about the baby. I think this is what I enjoy most...is having older kids and having them experience the phases and excitement that comes with waiting for a new little one with me. Kory (my analyzer) asks things all the time like "Where will the baby sleep?" "If the baby poops and we are tending, what will we do?" etc... He is so darn cute. The boys were thinking of baby names the other day. They chose "Mariah" if its a girl and "Cody" if its a boy. We will see though...

Rachel is going through a pretty dramatic stage right now...I think some of it comes with the changes of becoming a 1st grader and going all day to school, plus the fact that she is growing like a weed. We have chose not to tell her right away...just to save her from any more anxiety it may incur on her...plus to avoid hearing "Is the baby coming today?" "Is the baby coming tomorrow?" on a daily basis. We talk about babies all the time..and she has expressed how much she would LOVE one in our home, so I just KNOW she is going to be so so excited!

As for Clint...he is ECSTATIC!!! He is such a teddy bear as it is...and when it comes to babies, what a sucker! I really could not ask for better support than he has given me. He cleans, gets meals for the kids and will go out any time/any day to get me ANYTHING I need. I am so grateful to him!

So...there you go, the adventures up to this point. I am hoping from here on out, my stories will be much more positive...with me feeling much much better :) Until then...

1 comment:

Ka'ili said...

I am sooo excited for u and can't wat to see the cute buddle of joy! Congrats and best wishes!

Kaili Neeley