Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just what I needed!

The past couple of days have been sort of moody for me...sheesh, what is up with that anyways??? ha ha. Yesterday we went to my good friend Shannon's house for a BBQ with our family and their family, it was so great and it was so fun seeing Shannon's BEAUTIFUL home and getting to witness what a talented girl she really is...with decorating, scrap booking, being a great Mom and most of all with her talent of being so organized, WOW! (Can you say maybe a little touch of OCD??? he he...kidding!) Anyways, during our visit I was so amazed with how mild mannered Shannon's adorable little girls were and how ENERGETIC my kids were...yikes! It actually kind of got me down and made me feel like I have done something wrong not to teach my kids better manners, hmmmm? Anyways, while we were there...I was discussing this with Shannon and I told her that I was a little embarrassed and shocked of how my kids were acting...she said to me "Remember, God doesn't give us more than we can handle". It is funny because I bet I have been told that EXACT same phrase over 50 times since becoming a Mom!

Today wasn't much easier. For some reason I was EXHAUSTED and the fact that I had two meetings to get ready for...Leadership mtg., then church and the joy that I get to face every week with my kids fighting me about going to church just wasn't sitting well with me. I really went through the emotions this morning and really wanted to just crawl into my little hole...with some Chocolate, of course. However, I pressed forward.....I made breakfast, typed up both programs for both meetings, went to my first meeting, came home, made lunch, bathed and dressed ALL of the kids and went to Church...whew! Then here came my aha! moment. It is funny how rough the mornings are on Sunday when the lesson at church is EXACTLY what I NEED to hear...funny how that happens! Anyways, the lesson in RS was about trials and about how we should embrace them and lean on the Lord to share our burdens and to help us through them because after all...what was the purpose of the Atonement for anyway? Right? It was such a great meeting and I was truly grateful that I made an extra effort to put aside my frustrations this morning and make it to the meeting. Now, I am not going to say that I came home and all was happy, happy, joy, joy...because it WASN'T. I first had to throw my monthly tantrum about how I am the Mom and I do EVERYTHING and NOBODY helps me...wah, wah, wah, he he he. But I am better now...I swear! No more poor me...I am going to "EMBRACE" my challenges & trials and just know that I must be a pretty special person to be so picked on as a Mother! (he he *wink*)

2 comments:

sky michelle said...

Holy Crapy Jamie!!! I went through like the exact same thing last week! Lots and Lots a tears.. made me look chineese! But it's so true that when you lean to the lord during hard times especially he somehow makes it all better! It's amazing! I hope you have an incredible week this week! It's gonna be a busy one. Both of us just gotta remember the lord!

And those pictures haha they just be so funny and i love them haha. It was actually really funny looking at the old ones and remembering all those funny and wierd times of my life haha.

Oh by the way i officially got asked to prom :) haha just a little fyi!

I love you sis! Have a great week!!!

Shannon said...

Jamie, seriously you are so nice! And like I have said before the most SWEETEST person ever! I love ya and we loved having your family over!!! I plan to do stuff like this more often. It was great! And you know you are a GREAT mom and often I find myself depressed and down too. Actually, a lot! You are amazing and I know the lord will help you through anything. I hope you have a enjoyable week this week! Talk to you soon!