Friday, March 6, 2009

This week....

I am bummed because the computer that has MOST of my pictures is throwing fits on me, so this will be a post with NO pictures...sorry! ( I will add pictures when I can!)
I felt that there was enough going on this week to make a journal about it! Let's begin with Sunday...Miriam (my MIL) was walking around in her house and moved wrong and really hurt her back, the chiropractor thinks maybe even a slipped disc? She is STILL in A LOT of pain is really hoping that surgery isn't the answer to fix it...but she will continue to go the the Chiropractor for the next couple of weeks, then we will see! I feel so bad for her, but maybe this is what she needs to actually allow herself to take a break, eh?
On Monday night, Clint's friend Justin came over and they worked on pinewood derby cars for Brock and Justin's son. The cars turned out so AWESOME, with custom paint jobs and everything! I think that was truly Brock's highlight of the ENTIRE month...he can't wait until they get to race them!
On Tuesday Brock began to complain of an ear ache but still went to school, (tough little guy!) but by the afternoon...the soreness was too much and he came home early from school. The next day (Wednesday) I took him to the doctor and sure enough..he had an ear infection and a really sore throat. I also had the doctor look at his wart-like sores on his tummy and determined that it was Mollescum and that they should go away over time...it may even take up to a year for them to completely disappear. Poor little guy..I feel so bad about this because it has really made him feel self-conscious. Thankfully Dr. Fuller had a good talk with him and told him that it wasn't his fault, these things just happen! I think that made him feel a bit better.
Yesterday I went and visited Jasha (my friend since we were 10 yrs old) in the hospital...she had a little baby girl on Tuesday! She named her Journey and she was 6 lbs. 3 oz. and 19 inches long. She is such a BEAUTIFUL baby and so so TINY! It is crazy how we can tend to forget the smallness of a newborn!
So here it is Friday...yay! Thank heavens for weekends! I went to Zumba this morning and was surprised/excited to find that I had won the contest they were having there. Each time you would go to a class and drink 64 oz. of water the previous day you would earn two points. So, I guess since I am the workout queen of America and I attend MANY classes...it is no wonder that I would win, right? LOL. Anyways, I won this really cool Freezer meal recipe book that was actually created and published by the Zumba teacher, Jenny! (I learn something new EVERY day, I swear!) Oh...and let's not forget the bag of Dove Milk Chocolate w/almonds (YUM)!!!! Yep Kellie...they are hidden away from Rachel, she doesn't even know that there is chocolate in the house! he he *wink*
As for this weekend...there really isn't a whole lot going on for me and the kids because Clint will be down at the body shop painting his boat. Which takes me to him...that is where he has been the ENTIRE week each night, working on prepping the boat for paint...it is really going to look so great when it is all finished!
So there ya go, a little look into our lives this week...not a whole lot going on, but I guess a little more than normal.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey, I did get your message about going out with the guys! Of coarse, We would love to go. I still need to talk to my husband and find out when he can go. He is going to be out of town soon so I will call you and we'll plan something real soon. Plus, I am trying to get Sienna to take a bottle so I can leave her. My babies are so stubborn when it comes to that!

Misty said...

Crazy week! I can totally relate, Scott has been gone to LA for convention all week and won't be back until Saturday night. We were probably at the doctor at the same time, because I took Kate yesterday, and sure enough.... Ear infection. The 2 1/2 hours of crying the night before was a dead giveaway. And, also every single one of my kids has had molescum. It's super contagious so don't let Brock share towels, and it takes forever to go away. I'm sorry. I feel your pain :)!

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see this boat! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I better get off the computer because I have company over tonight for a family birthday. Talk to you real soon!