Friday, August 8, 2008

Brock's Baptism

Brock was baptized on Saturday, August 2, 2008. What a special day Brock had. Many of Brock's family members came to show their love and support for Brock. Grandma Tomlinson gave a talk on Baptism and Grammy Cox gave a talk on the confirmation and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost...both talks were very special and truly brought the spirit into the meeting. Brock was baptized by his daddy, which might I add was EXTREMELY nervous, but knew that this was something special that he needed to do for his little boy...you sure are lucky to have such a great daddy Brock! Uncle Justin Swensen & Uncle Scott Ross were more than happy to be witnesses for the baptism, Scott was sure to tell Clint that he ALMOST had to do the baptism a second time because Brock's hand barely went under the water, whew! that was a close one! Grandpa Cox confirmed Brock and gave him a very special blessing, we were all so grateful for his willingness to do this for Brock even though he was battling a stomach flu that day. Brock's Great Grandpa & Grandma Harding gave the opening and closing prayers, which might I just say were very special and gave just the right touch.

I am so grateful for Brock's choice to be baptized and to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I know that in my life I would be lost with out the spirit, I value it as one of the most precious gifts anyone could ever receive and I hope that Brock will learn to recognize the feelings and promptings that the spirit will give to him and that he may let the spirit be his guide.

1 comment:

Her Royal Highness said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful day! I'm so glad that so many family members were able to be there and participate & support Brock on his big day!
Mr. Fantastic's big day is in October & I'm hoping for just as big of a turn out - unfortunately, most of our family is really far away.
Congratulations again!