Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sarah

Yes...I KNOW, I am severely behind on updating! I am so sorry...but I guess that is what happens when you have FOUR kids! YIKES ;)

Anyways...lets back up to the day little Sarah Ella Tomlinson was born. 

The C-Section went perfectly...only taking about 20 minutes tops, then our beautiful little girl was born. The doctor (jokingly) said "oops, she's posterior cuz her bottoms coming first! Oh wait...nope, she just has no hair!" LOL My doctors are quite the jokesters, ha ha. But really, Sarah did not in fact have any hair..poor girl. Oh well...she'll get it eventually ;). Sarah was born at 7:13 AM and weighed in at 7 lbs 12 oz and was 19 inches long. She was absolutely PERFECT! She had such a sweet little cry and she just did everything that a normal, perfectly healthy little baby would do.  She even got to go to REGULAR nursery! YAY! FINALLY a baby that wouldn't need a little extra help to be accustomed to this world. Everything went really great in the hospital. Sarah was such a little Angel...RARELY crying. I even had nurses make comments about how they were just waiting for her to get upset, but she just was so content and peaceful there really was no need. During my stay I was able to have one of my dear friends from High School be my nurse for three days of my visit there, which was so wonderful. We had many visitors during the stay and it was just so pleasant...oh, and the food was A...MAZING!

When we brought little Sarah home things were just so great.  I was quite sore still (from the C-Section), but I had LOTS of help...so that was really nice! Families in our ward brought in meals and my family really helped with the older kiddos.  I must say, it has been nice being able to give the time it requires for a baby and having older kids that can understand and basically help out or take care of themselves.

At the four week mark, I no longer had to take pain medication and things were really looking up. My energy was returning...slowly, but surely and Sarah was getting better and better with her sleeping at night, adding more time as the weeks passed. Now we are actually up to 6 to 8 hours of sleep at night..awesome! I must say that Sarah has been a true blessing in our home and has brought such a sweet spirit  and presence. I look forward to all her smiles, which happen basically all day long.

The next few posts will basically be photos of Sarah....

No comments: