Monday, March 19, 2012

Easter / St Patricks Day

Since we are getting so close to the arrival of our new little addition (4 weeks to go) and knowing that our Easter Egg Hunt in Mesquite tradition just could NOT be broken, we packed up and went to Mesquite last weekend to keep up with tradition (even if it was early). Most of Clint's family was able to be there which made for an extra special, fun weekend. Friday was the best day...hitting a whopping 80 degrees in temperature! Ahhh, heavenly! We spent the day visiting, soaking up the sun rays and Clint took the kids on a few rides in the Ranger. Saturday was a bit chilly off and on...with cooler temps and some heavy wind. However, we made the effort of still putting out eggs and having the kids go hunt for them. It really was such a great time. Since Saturday was also St Patricks Day, we ended the day with a totally GREEN dinner. I think that will be a day the kids will definitely remember. Yesterday (Sunday) was a bit nicer, but not like Friday. We enjoyed the day by mostly resting and visiting...you know, all the NORMAL Sunday stuff. We sure do enjoy Clint's grandparents company, they are such wonderful people! I can't wait until we visit again!

Things at home have been so wonderful. I am enjoying my time being able to prepare for the baby! I am in FULL FORCE cleaning mode and LOVING it! I know...did I just say that? We still have things to do in order to be fully ready, like putting the baby's room together...luckily we still have 4 weeks. I have been feeling good and bad...depending on the day. My good days usually involve LOTS of cleaning and organizing...which I am sure what lead to the bad days that follow, because of possibly over doing it..hmmm. I feel HUGE and so ready to be done with all of this! My anticipation and excitement may just kill me! Everyone (friends & family) have been so wonderful, with helping us out with items for the baby, which really helps! I forgot how expensive ONE baby can be and how it all really does add up!

The kids are all doing really great. I can't believe how much they have grown lately, and just not physically. They are such great helpers and such great kids! I am very proud! Brock is now officially registered for Jr High...yikes! I'm really not sure still what I think about this! I feel I have been so protective over Brock because of all the trials we have been through in his life, but I am sure this will just be another stepping stone to help him grow even more, I just PRAY he will fit in and find himself a good friend to be there by his side. Kory is such a sweetheart...giving me so many hugs, feeling when the baby has hiccups or moves...he truly enjoys it and being such a little gentleman. He is always in tuned with my needs and opens all doors for me, which I think is so sweet. I think Rachel has grown the most...she is so excited to become a big sister and I can truly see her efforts in growing her maturity. She has become so dedicated in keeping her room clean (which is HUGE for her) and always makes the comment that it is because she will be a big sister. There is just something about a little girl that brightens up a home. She is always saying the cutest little things, dancing around and singing her little heart out. Something only a girl would do...I love that about her!

Me and Clint are doing good as well. I don't think I could love anyone more! I am so lucky to have such a great guy that is always willing to help me whenever needed. Him and his buddies have really been getting into driving R/C cars lately...and even though I tell him they are "NERDS", I am really happy that this gives his something to do and also something he can do with the kids. I know they truly treasure it.

That's all I have for now.... I will try to update again before baby comes, but I do know that life will be busy, with Easter and all :)

No comments: