For YEARS Clint's Grandma Phyllis Nash has been talking about and planning for a new baby girl that would be coming into our family (Not necessarily me and Clint's small family, but somewhere in the entire Nash clan). She made her a blanket and at times would see things in stores that she thought would be suited for this baby girl. Grandma would always refer to this baby girl as "Sarah".
I would hear her talk about "Sarah", but would never think of her coming to our home, because...1. Me and Clint were sure we were done having kids and 2. Sarah isn't really a name that would be considered a first choice name I would choose for a girl..not like my love for the name "Alivia".
One day while bathing my Rachel she was talking about how she anticipated that we would have a baby girl..and that her name would be "Sarah Ella". I was a little suprised only because I am pretty positive that she hasn't really listened to Grandma talk about "Sarah". I was like...ummm, okay. And that is about how I acted upon this occasion.
For Thanksgiving we made a trip to Mesquite to enjoy a visit and our BIG meal with Clint's grandparents (The Nash's). While we were there, we told Clint's grandma the story of Rachel talking about the name "Sarah". It was the week before we would be having our ultra sound, so we really didn't know for sure quite yet what the sex of our little baby was yet. Grandma asked "Where did the name Ella come from?". We told her that ever since Rachel could talk she has had this little imaginary friend named "Ella". I noticed her eyes get moist as she told us "That's my grandma's name". Instantly we ALL got goosebumps and chills up our spines. I don't think I was the only one that received verification that "Sarah Ella" was the name for our little girl.
I must admit that from time to time I still question the name and TRY thinking of other names, but it all seems to come back to this special, chosen name.
At least I know that I won't be making a mistake with chosing a name for our baby...I feel she already chose it for herself :)
3 comments:
LOVE stories like this. Feebs' story is similar. Congratulations!
What a cool story. I love names with meaning. Congrats on baby girl Sarah Ella
What a feel good story! I love it. It was meant to be and I can't wait for you.
Post a Comment