Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer

It is summer and I am LOVING every bit of it. I still would love to have a few more months of Springtime weather, but I will survive! This summer has been somewhat different, we are usually the family of many vacations, but as of today the only vacation we have been on was to Moab a couple of months ago.

Moab was great and I would say one of our funnest trips yet! The scenery was BEAUTIFUL and the fact that it
wasn't overly packed there was a much added bonus. We went with a large group which was pretty great, the group included my ENTIRE family...Dad, Mom, Sisters, Brother-In-Laws, Nieces, Nephews & my little squirt of a Brother, then Clint's parents and sister came along and also some of our neighbors and good friends. In all we had a group of approximately 10-15 Rhinos, all packed with people! Some of the trails were intense and some were peaceful and very beautiful...it was so great to have variety. We stayed in some rented condo's that had a swimming pool and just all in all had a WONDERFUL time...Thanks to Mom & Dad!

Other than the FANTASTIC trip to Moab, we have been basically just been lounging around, ha ha, not really. Brock & Kory have been playing baseball for the month of June...Brock is in Machine Pitch and Kory is in Coach Pitch. I am still trying to figure out if they have their little hearts in it or not. Brock is really good if he will just try, but the poor kid sure gets anxiety and kind of freaks himself out to the point that he doesn't do very well. And, well with Kory...I am not sure that half the time he is even on the planet Earth when he is playing. He stands there with his head in the clouds until someone screams for him to get the ball, then he runs for the ball while racing another team player for the ball and ends up tackling them to the ground...I wonder if for a moment he forgets that they are playing for the same team? hmmm?

Both of them have their last game on Friday and I will just say I am not exactly bummed, he he he.

We celebrated Brock's #8 & Kory's #6 Birthdays this month. Since the weather has been beautiful and EXTREMELY Hot, I thought what better way than to celebrate and have a WATER PARTY! Both boys had parties at our home...we had pizza, pop, water balloons, the Bonzai Slide, a Slip N Slide, a sprinkler under the trampoline and Grammy's Blow-up jumping cage...IT WAS A BLAST! The boys had a great time and really had a great turn-out with their friends and cousins. This year Brock got a new Trick Bike and an MP3 player from Mom & Dad and Kory got a MP3 player, the NEW Indiana Jones Lego game for PS2 & a remote control truck...I know, spoiled rotten kids! I can't believe they are getting to be soooooo BIG! WOW! Where did the time go?

Last, but surely not least...the boys have picked up on riding skate boards with their dad. Clint took the boys over to the skateboard shop in American Fork and
let them pick out their very own boards. Since then, Clint has been taking them to the skate park quite a few times a week...they sure like their time with Dad! Rachel has even joined them a few times on her little pink scooter.



So....as you can see, our summer has been great so far...I can't wait for what comes next!!!!






















1 comment:

Her Royal Highness said...

I'm so glad you started a blog!!! Your summer looks like it has been and will continue to be FABULOUS!!! I wish the weather here was as beautiful as there! It would make baseball so much more fun!