Monday, July 18, 2011

Adversity, Faith & Perserverance

It has been taught that when great things are on the rise...that challenges, temptation and trials can ultimately stand in the way...or in other words, SLAP you in the face! Prayers have been offered and practiced in FULL FORCE in the past few months at our home...prayers for some pretty life changing things.
It has seemed that ANSWERS have shown their face unto us and we have obediently followed in the directions it has led us. So...now I ask, why so many challenges in the way?
I am ready to offer my full heart and have FAITH in the direction I am to go, but at times it seems easier to just give up and walk backwards to find the place that I started...or where things were a bit more comfortable. I am walking on uncharted waters and completely out of my comfort zone. My hope is that when I reach my destination...that it will be what I had hoped for and that me and my family will be STRONGER and benefit from the choice that we have made and worked so hard for.

Some things I have learned through this process:
- My family matters MOST.
- There really are TRUE friends out there.
- Heavenly Father is my best friend and he will watch over me.
- I am lucky to have a husband that has a greater concern for his family than himself.
- My kids are more supportive than I thought they could be.
- Prayers will be answered.

"Should there be anyone who feels he is too weak to do better because of that greatest of fears, the fear of failure, there is no more comforting assurance to be had than the words of the Lord: 'My grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them' (Ether 12:27)."

2 comments:

Kellie-n-Sterling said...

You are inspiring... Good for you to go forward and not stand idle. You are daring and I wish I possesed some of that. I've stood idle for too many years and you inspire me. This morning I read an article in this months Ensign called "Start Moving" it is very similar to what you just wrote and I thank you for not knowingly enforcing it for me. I love you!

Jamie said...

Thanks Kel! Your comment means more than you'll ever know! Love you!! :)