Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Purpose?

I find myself at a point in my life where I often ask myself... what is the purpose?

Beginning with the thing that is MOST on my mind..."what is the purpose" of me and Clint working ALL THE TIME, when really...lately, there is not usually enough money to make ends meet anyway?

"What is the purpose" of cleaning my house..and especially RACHEL'S room all the time, it just gets messed up within 10 minutes anyway!

"What is the purpose" in making a nice meal? SOMEONE will ALWAYS turn their nose up, give a sour face and say they don't want to eat it anyways.

"What is the purpose" of forcing myself to the gym EVERY morning at such an early hour when in the end...I will probably continue to stay the same size!

"What is the purpose" of washing my BLACK car, just so that I can drive it to work and have LARGE vehicles drive by and spread dust all over it because the roads are so filthy?

"What is the purpose" of putting a smile on my face each and every day when most often all I feel is pain and anxiety on the inside?

I KNOW I have so many more things to list...however, I think I know the purpose. We are only expected to do the VERY BEST for ourselves and our family, right? Our goal is to become Christ-like...right? And, if we just sit back (in laziness) and let life happen...how can we grow, learn and move forward to accomplish this??

On Sunday we had a lesson titled "Trust in the Lord", this really hit home for me since right now more than ever...this is what I MUST do. Some of the things that were pointed out however that really stuck with me is that we aren't just supposed to sit back and wait for God to show us that we can trust him...we need to earn His trust first!! How do we do this? By doing the work! After all...how can we expect to be GIVEN something without showing first and foremost that we will APPRECIATE it when we get it?? This is where my focus is for now...doing the WORK and trusting in my Father in Heaven. Ultimately HE is the ONE that will NEVER let me down!!! And I choose to earn his trust! :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

loved reading this Jami! I think this was also great for me to hear! Like REALLY needed to hear! You're awesome!!! I wish I could do ALL that you do!

-Shannon